Left Hanging By Cindy Dorminy- Book Review

March 21, 2017

Displaying Left Hanging cover art 02-01-2017.jpg

Left Hanging by Cindy Dorminy

My rating: 4 out of 5


As a nurse and single mom, Darla Battle hides her loneliness behind a smile. But when she discovers that the new cute doctor everyone is talking about is her daughter’s father, she knows she needs to keep her distance from the man who abandoned her and their child, Stella.
When Theo Edwards returns to Nashville to finish his medical training, he never expects to run into Darla, a girl he spent one night with seven years ago. For reasons he can’t fathom, her attitude toward him is frosty, but he still hopes to ignite the spark they once felt.
Once Darla realizes Theo doesn’t know he’s Stella’s father, she has no idea how to tell him the truth. And the longer she waits, the more difficult it becomes. When the situation spins out of control, can the two come together for the sake of their daughter? Or is forgiveness out of reach?


I received this book for free to review. All opinions are my own.

So Left Hanging by Cindy Dorminy is a contemporary romance about Darla Battle, a young single mum living in Tennessee. She works as a nurse and before then, had next to no connection with her daughter Stella's father.

A post shared by Rachel (CreativityandCrazy) (@creativelyraye) on

I enjoyed the novel. It was very fun and cutesy and imaginative. What I love about the writing in this novel is that it really evokes your emotions. I loved crying a little, smiling a little and even getting a little frustrated at the characters.
Dorminy also doesn't miss out a thing in this novel. I love how she writes in little clues about the personality of the characters because it makes them feel so much more real. It really helped me get into the story and invest in the characters.

The reason that I didn't give it 5 stars is because it wasn't as fast a read as I like. The last 30% was pretty easy and fast to read, but the first half was a little boring and repetitive, because it was Darla and Theo watching each other from a distance and Darla worrying whether she would tell him.
Also the mystery aspect I personally didn't feel added much to the story. It didn't interest me.

I would recommend this book if you want a more unique contemporary novel. It isn't too long, and would be a great read on holiday.

Click here to See All of My Goodreads Reviews.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Will definitely need to buy this, it looks so good xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It genuinely means the world to me and I will try to reply to you.

Pinterest

Instagram